Thursday, January 14, 2010

Miracle of Life

So im a girl...obviously. Which means that i get excited about decorating, and pedicures, but especially babies! Now ill get myself in the clear right now by saying that i am not pregnant, but a dear friend of mine recently found that she was and im so excited for her, her husband, and their son joshua who is about 2 1/2 years old. She has asked for some prayers for this baby and the pregnancy because she had some neurological complications with her first pregnancy. So today as i have been pondering babies and pregnancy i can't help but think about the miracle of life and the amazing process of it all and how smart God is. And then when i think about that i think about the sanctity of life and how important it is to stop things like abortion.

Rather than getting hyped up on politics i would like to keep the post more focused on Gods glory and the fact that he does care about babies still in the womb and that he is over the whole process. I can't think of a better way to that than pointing to Psalm 139:13-16.

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for i am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my sould knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when i was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them."

This scripture is so beautiful because it shows that this isn't just some fetus that can't feel anything and that has no delicacies, no this is a baby -a person from the moment of conception, God knows our days even before we didn't have any. I love words like "intricately woven" and "your eyes saw my unformed substance" God is so present and partaking in His creation even today. It didn't stop in Eden, God still crafts together a perfect human being in His image placing ears and eyes and toes exactly where they need to go.

So, thank you God for your continued creation and being a part of our lives. Thank you for babies and the wonderful way that you knit and weave together all the different cells and organs and tissues that we need. You are amazing and deserving of glory.

in jesus' name. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment