Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Absolute Reality

I just recently reread the "Holiness of God" by Sproul. Again, I was very blessed by this book's teaching on the Scriptures. I am always stunned when I review the stories about Moses, Jacob, Isaiah, or Ezekiel when they encountered the holiness of our God. This is definately a book that I would recommend for reading and rereading! Here is a thought from the chapter "Holy Space and Holy Time":

"Our contact with the holy is not merely an encounter with a different dimension of reality;
it is the meeting with Absolute Reality. Christianity is not about involvement with religious
experience as a tangent. It involves a meeting with a holy God, who forms the center, or core, of human existence.
The Christian faith is theocentric.

God is not at the edge of Christians' lives but at the very center.

God defines our entire life and worldview"

No comments:

Post a Comment