Thursday, December 31, 2009

Today i read a little bit in Acts 2. Ive been going through this book for a while now and even though im only in chapter 2 ive enjoyed it. the portion that i read today was encouraging and uplifting and made me grateful for my church family. I read Act 2: 42-47 the part about the fellowship of the believers and how they sell their possessions and give to one another and fellowship daily with one another and praise God.

when i read it i didn't get warm fuzzy feelings inside me...okay maybe a few warm fuzzies, but it made me think about my local body. am i helping when they have need, do i fellowship with them daily (its a little harder nowdays but theres ways to communicate effectively), am i being generous to them with not just my money but my time as well.

i know were going into the season of resolutions or things people would like to do differently that eventually lose their steam within the first few months of the new year. but if i could stick to any one resolution this year, i think it would be to be a better church member. now not in the sense of going any time the door is open, but being intentional about getting closer to the people in my local body. getting to know their past, hopes for the future, where God has taken them, learn their struggles and victories all of this for the glory of God and getting to know the work that he does in the lives of his children. What a year that would be, getting to know his people better.

anyways thats all for now. hope you have a safe and fun new years.

grace and peace
sarah b.

2 comments:

  1. that's a great resolution! to love the family of God well, to be more intentional with people, to want to know them more fully and to serve them better... that is definately something that I want to grow in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Sarah. It is one of my prayers for this year, too. To better fulfill Ephesians 4:16.

    ReplyDelete