Friday, December 11, 2009

Aaron Hefner

“All authority heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

-Matthew 28:18-20

Last Wednesday, the youth group at BCLR(Bible Church of Little Rock) had the opportunity to hear from Aaron Hefner, a missionary from our church to Senegal. He told us about his life among the Jalunga people and his ministry there.

I have wanted to go into some form of ministry for awhile now, so his words were very exciting and interesting to me. As he was going through the slide show, he was constantly mentioning the blessings that God had shown and how little he was. He told us how foolish he looked from the point of view of the Jalunga people and how he had so much to learn.

I do not know Mr. Hefner very well, but while I am sure he would deny it, because he knows his own heart, he struck me as a very humble man. He was one trying to do his best to spread God’s wonderful gift with others in the best way he could. He also was just awed by God. I could tell from listening to him, that his view of God was extremely high and his view of himself was exceptionally low.

I got to see a little bit of God through Mr. Hefner’s testimony of his ministry. I have always wanted to go into ministry as a youth pastor, but after Wednesday I have realized that I do not know where God wants me yet, but I do want to follow the example of Mr. Hefner, because he is following the example, to spread God’s perfect gift to us.

I would like to commend Mr. Hefner for his ministry to the Julunga people. It moves me to see to love of God impact someone so much for them to, not only change their entire life, but to leave their country to live in conditions less comfortable than our own. Again I know that he would say that it is a joy to do so, and that is why I admire him.

Please keep the Hefner’s as well as the Jalunga people in your prayers. Pray for their physical health, but especially the spiritual health of the people there. It has been hard for them to trust the Hefner’s on a religious and spiritual level. They are set on their own religious practices, so pray that God would open their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment