Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Heaven Song

I would pretty much recommend Phil Wickham's music to anyone. I just recently got his album, "Heaven and Earth", and I have enjoyed it very much. It is a passionate and creative album that has been helpful to me in lifting my gaze to heaven, the gospel, and the beauty of God's plan. Here are some lyrics from the album...


"Heaven Song"

You wrote a letter and You signed Your name
I read every word, read it page by page
You said that You'd be coming
coming for me soon
Oh my God I'll be ready for You

I want to run on greener pastures
I want to dance on higher hills
I want to drink from sweeter waters
in the misty morning chill
And my soul is getting restless
For the place where I belong
I can't wait to join the angels
and sing my heaven song

I hear Your voice and I catch my breath
Well done my child enter in, in rest
As tears of joy roll down my cheek
Oh it's beautiful beyond my wildest dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment