Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Comprende






Today I was reading some of my good buddy Wayne Grudem (and by good buddy I mean I enjoy reading his stuff and he seems to enjoy writing). The topic was on the Incommunicable attributes of God. It got me thinking about some of the things that we mention all the time that are not only indescribable but are typically unfathomable. One of the topics was time. Time is impossible to comprehend when you bring in the element that God is outside of time. There was no beginning nor will there be an end to God. Obviously I’m not the only person who has thought through time as it relates in eternity. But it does make history books seem like the snap of a finger in relation to the grandness of God. Back to the future suddenly has lost some excitement in the plot line. Even right now my mind is melting tying to type this.
The Unchangeableness of God was also difficult to think through. Psalm 102:25-27 was helpful here but just the fact that God never changes is weird to think through. This is defined as: God is unchanging in His being, perfections, purposes, and promises, yet God does act and feel emotions, and he acts and feels differently in response to different situations.

I recommend reading this chapter by My buddy http://books.google.ca/books?id=DA8xl4eagDcC&lpg=PP1&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false but more than anything I’m curious to know some things that are mind meltingly hard to grasp in relation to the attributes of God.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny that you have a buddy named Wayne Grudem because there's a theologian by that name too.

    ReplyDelete