Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Almost Thursday



I attended a wedding one time where one of the men who gave a speech started by saying that he loves to google stuff before he gives a speech or advice. For this post I thought I would try this method by “googling“ “the perfect woman“. Unfortunately the results wern’t very helpful or useful toward what I’m hoping to say.
Its almost Thursday July 15th which is the day we celebrate my wife Sarah’s birthday(because its her birthday). I want to take the time today to tell about the way God has blessed me with this woman.
Proverbs 31:10-31 since I was a young teen was what I was always told to seek in a wife. It seemed a bit strange to look for a girl that “is like merchant ships; She brings her food from afar”. I now know that this means the ability to shop at walmart while staying in budget. But seriously I’ve discovered that over the last year and (caugh) months that though my wife is a great cook (too good), a bright studier, great with money, beautiful, and a hard worker. The qualities that stick out the most that I never knew the weight of is her desire to read the word, theology books, and literally has the truth on her lips as well as speaking the truth constantly.
Just this week I realized that the only requests that she has asked of me in the last couple of months have simply been to spend a little bit more time together and to have a few more theological conversations. I think I can handle that. I pray that my wife never loses the love that she has for Christ and the cross.

She’s a blessing, my better half, and I hope you’ll wish her a happy 25 years of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment