Thursday, May 13, 2010

J-O-Y

I've got joy down in my heart
Deep, Deep down in my heart
Spell it J-O-Y down in my heart
Deep, Deep down in my heart


Our lesson in STEP last night was about joy. Once again i love getting to remember that happiness is an emotion but joy is what comes from christ. Even if i have a bad day and nothing goes right i can still be joyful because christ is in my life and my anchor. Happiness is fleeting and changes with circumstances. Im happy because i get a chai from starbucks, im angry because im stuck in traffic and no one seems to know how to drive. One is good and one not so good, but even though my emotion changes i can still be joyful. i like that. I want to be joyful in all things, no matter what the circumstance. And the Lord really is good at putting things in our lives that don't seem too convenient, but by his will and by his grace we get to experience joy.

when was the last time you were joyful?

grace and peace
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment