Thursday, March 4, 2010

Normal?

I think it would be safe to say that my life has calmed down since last year. Ive been married for a year, which i know isn't much but A LOT went on mainly in the sanctification area and it wasn't pretty. Life lately has just been kinda normal and calm which is weird but nice. I kind of like that there isn't any kind of major sin that the Holy Spirit has revealed and is getting out of my life and i really like that mine and my husbands schedule has slowed down or at least we can keep up with the pace. Nothing really hard or challenging is going on but nothing really great and exciting is going on.

so i find that in this time the biggest struggle is having a strong desire for God. Theres nothing pressing me to constantly seek him and no apparent sin that im struggling with to keep me constantly praying, but nothing real great to keep me praising him and constantly in worship. Theres no "dry" time, its just life as it should be. Im thankful that nothing really hard is going on, but miss that strong desire and desperation for Him in my life.

Does anybody else go through this? When life reaches a normal, steady pace desire and desperation for seeking God go out the window? Its like "ok God you got me through that one, I'll take it from here" and yet i know that is so foolish and unwise. I need encouragement in that area and want to encourage others reading that when life reaches its norm to keep seeking God with al that you have and don't allow a time like this to make you complacent, apathetic, or make a good breeding ground for sin. I don't want to have to hit a major high or major low just to be closer to God, I want that all the time, shouldn't we all?

Grace and Peace
sarah b.

No comments:

Post a Comment