Thursday, March 11, 2010

For the Love of God

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say that the love of God changes us. His spirit gives us eyes to see that our lives are not holy and the ability to live our lives for christ once we are saved. This love changes our passions and desires and especially our ability to love others.

I am selfish. Sometimes i don't even like people, much less love them. Most of the time my time is precious to me and i would much rather read a book than do laudry or make an acquaitance become more like a friend. So i know that it has to be the work of christ in me to give up a perfectly good tuesday night to hang out with some junior high kids whose names i still have trouble pronouncing. But as time has progressed i have gotten to know the sweetest little girl and on a weekly basis i get to tell her who jesus is and what he has done on the cross for her, and she actually listens (most of the time). It baffles me that a kid who was a stranger to me is actually someone that i love and care very much about, and it is all Christ compelling me to love.

My love is weak and selfish and conditional, but with Christ as my savior his love is now my love and more perfect and pure and strong than anything that i could ever offer. Hopefully this love will work its way into my life to the point that i can actually love strangers and acquaintances more and be intentional in getting to know them, im still a work in progress, but i know that God completes his work and will be glorified.

Grace and Peace
Sarah b.

No comments:

Post a Comment