Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Wonderful Cross

I've been reading through John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress and i love it when i get to the part where Christian is relieved of his burden when he is at the cross. It is so easy as Christian's to get bogged down with everyday life and activities, even church activities that we forget the mighty and awesome power of the cross. Im finding in my walk that can't and very much dislike days when i don't think about the cross and meditate on the work of christ at calvary. It truly does "bid me come and die so that I may live". In Christian's case (in the book) he looks at the cross and is eased of this burden that is on his back and shortly after this Christian sings this song:


Thus far did i come loaden with my sin,
Nor could aught ease the grief that i was in,
Till i came hither, What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the burden fall from from off my back?
Must here teh strings that bound it to me, crack?
Blessed Cross! Blessed Sepulchre! Blessed rather be
The man that there was put to shame for me.


What beautiful words that have such great truths: Yes we are loaded with sin that cannot be eased or made to go away until we come to the cross and realize that we have a wonderful savior who has died so that we may live. Please let Christians song be encouraging and enriching, not even the words but the truths they speak, to you today. Be Blessed and Be God's

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment