Friday, October 23, 2009

A Prayer

Dear God,

First of all thank you. Thank you for sending your Son, so that I may continue to speak to you. Thank you for the blessings you have given me here on earth. You have blessed me with much, Lord; a good doctrinal-teaching church, loving parents that care about me, and numerous pleasures.

Father, so many times I take these things for granted. I look around me and see them, and don't thank you or them for there ministry in my life. Instead I go through life looking at everything else out there, Lord. I pass over what you have specifically chosen for me. Lord, forgive me for this. I don't deserve any of these priceless gifts anyway; they are a product of your grace and I don't treat them that way.

Please help me. Please help me to thank you more. Please help me to thank my pastors more and show my appreciation. Please help me to thank my parents more and to serve them better than I do. I know I can't do this on my own, Lord. I have proven that already. I need your strength to do what is right. I need you to humble me to myself and help me to see others, because my life isn't about me. If it was, I would still be doomed; because you saved me, my life should be about you.

It isn't always. I mess up and think more highly of myself than you. That's where I need your help, Lord. To keep my focus, first, on you, and, second, on others; to serve them. Give me this focus, Father. You are my strength in weakness. Make me weak.

It is only by your Son's blessed name that I pray to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment