Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rod sparer

We have a new addition to our family. A sweet ball of fur named Peter. Although there has been less responsibility taking care of him than there would be for a kid, im still learning, kinda sorta about parenting (on a very small scale).

This cat is pretty good...for the most part. Why even as im writing he's entertaining himself with a rubber band, but there have been a few instances of "discipline" that have had to be enforced. The first time was when he wanted to play with one of my candles. Now it wasn't lit then, but someday it will and i really don't want to test out renters insurance any time soon. I told him no, he kept on so i did it again, still kept on, then i popped him on the head and that got through. The same situation happened with my wedding rings. I really don't want to have to go on a search for them. I had to tell him no a few times and eventually get smack him on the head.

why is discipline so important? what good could it possibly do? i remember certain rules that my parents had that i didn't understand that now i can see why they instigated them. Discipline is for our good. In the same way that i don't want my cat playing with candles so that our chances of having an apartment caught on fire goes way down, God disciplines us so that we don't ruin our lives, but instead learn to enjoy him and the way he set certain orders to this world. He disciplines us for his glory. You don't love your kid by letting them play in the middle of the street, you love them by making them play in the yard and taking proper action when disobeyed.

Discipline is hard for me. I have a kind of rebellious nature, well were all sinners and aren't naturally wanting to live for God, but God is slowly and sometimes painfully showing me how important and beautiful and glorifying discipline is.

Grace and Peace
sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment