Thursday, June 10, 2010

Power of Prayer

Prayer can be such a powerful thing, right? For me sometimes it just becomes something that i do rather than pouring my heart out to an amazing and all-knowing God. I was reminded of just how powerful prayer is this week when my office co-workers and i went to a ladies prayer meeting in hot springs. My boss, Jerry Cox, has had them do this in the past but since im new this was my first time to go. We get there and this sweet old lady with big puffy brown hair and big glasses was speaking. Her name was Hettie Lou and she was the leader of this group of ladies. Well she asks us to come up front so they can pray for us. Now i was thinking we would go up front and just stand together and they would pray, but i was mistaken.

She had told us that when Jerry had asked if we could come last month she contacted several women in her group and asked if they would each specifcally pray for one person in the office for 25 days. This was so comforting knowing that for 25 days i was being specifically prayed for by someone i had never even met. What was really amazing was just seeing how the Holy Spirit reveals things to people. Many of the women who came up and prayed for each person in my office would say something like "over this time God has really put ______ on my heart to pray for you" and it was exactly what i knew they needed. When the lady who had me came up, her name was donna, she was so sweet and as she started praying over me it was for courage...the very thing i had been needing the past month and even now. I had been planning a home school graduation at the time, something i had never even been to much less planned, and felt so timid because im young and had never done this before.

Anyways all of this is to say that prayer IS powerful and God knows what we need and CAN reveal this to others who dont' even know us. What an honor it is to come before the Lord with our needs and desires and to be able to lift one another up in prayer.

Grace and Peace
sarah B.

No comments:

Post a Comment