Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Made to Worship





Over the last week or so I have heard several references towards the fact that creation is made for a purpose. My favorite was Dauglas Allison who said that if cars had an attitude they would not be happy if they wern’t driven. that conjured up the image of the movie cars. A movie by pixar where the main car lives for going fast.
This weekend I also saw Toy Story 3 which is about toys that desire to be played with. Thats when they are happiest.

It might be cheesy examples but the song made to worship kept playing in my head. We are made by God for God Colossians, 1:16, Everything we do is supposed to be for Him 1 Corinthians 10:31, God wants us too John 4:23.

The Valley of Vision

He is my mediator, brother, interpreter, branch, daysman, Lamb;

Him I glorify, in Him I am set on high.


Crowns to give I have none,

but what thou hat given I return,

content to feel that everything is mine when it is thine,

and the more fully mine when I have yielded it to thee.



Let me live wholly to my Saviour,

free from distractions,

from carking care,

from hindrances to the pursuit of the narrow way.



I am pardoned through the blood of Jesus-

give me a new sense of it,

continue to pardon me by it,

may I come every day to the fountain,

and every day be washed anew,

that I may worship thee always in spirit and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment