Thursday, April 15, 2010

O' Me of Little Faith

A while ago my husband and i decided, we were going to send him to a conference called Together for the Gospel in Louisville Kentucky. Well that time has come and he is currently away having a great time listening to very Godly men and getting some cool books. The night that he left i started getting worried and anxious. It was hard for me to sleep because the pessimist "if anything is going to go wrong it will" in me kept thinking horrible things: what if jonathan gets in a wreck, what if he dies, im too young to be a widow, blah blah blah.

These are obviously bad, but if im not careful and start asking God for peace and faith then i can get myself into a lot of trouble. I start to make my husband an idol and get the idea that i "deserve" a husband and "God wouldn't take away Jonathan from me". I close my fist around this amazing gift God has given me rather than say "God i trust you and my husband is yours".

This is a really hard thing for me and it definitely tests my faith to not be so little and trust in the sovereignty of God.

Even if the worst thing that can happen, does happen it really will be devestating and i would grieve heavily, but God has a plan and his will is much much greater than my own. but i am praying for traveling mercies on the trip back.

Grace and Peace
sarah B.

2 comments: