Thursday, February 4, 2010

Text book over thinker

I am a text book overthinker and it plays out in my life at different times. A few days ago i realized it is in my love for God. Sometimes i get so wrapped up in life and trying to live for God that i forget to love Him and be in love with Him in the process. I liken it to marriage...it is easy to get too focued on bills and family and work and all the other little things that have to get done around the house that i forget to think about my love for jonathan. Now do i still love him, of course, but my affections aren't as tender and im not as gracious when i get so focused on the other things and i find myself missing him even though i get to see him everyday. I don't want to engage my husband on a conversation about bills, i want to know whats going on with his life and how hes growing.

The same thing happens with me and my relationship with God, i get so wrapped up in other things that are great things, even Godly things, but i forget to be in love with God. And if this being in love with God fails then i have a big problem because then everything i do becomes works and legalistic and heavy.

Our lives should be lived out to the glory of God, this only happens when love Him ( with love that he gave us in the first place ) and when we enjoy Him.

Grace and Peace
Sarah b.

No comments:

Post a Comment