Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sola Fide


Through the week I've been thinking through this post that I did a while back on another blog. Typically I don't like re posting but Packer has some great incite worth revisiting. I know its short but I can see this truth all around.

To the Reformers' doctrine of justification by faith alone Reformed theology has held down the centuries, maintaining it to be both scriptural in substance and life-giving in effect. This tenacity has, however, involved constant conflict, as it still does. Two things have long threatened the truth as stated: first, the intruding of works as the ground of justification; second, the displacing of the cross as the ground of justification. Both are familiar weeds in the church's garden; both express in very obvious ways the craving for self-justification which lurks (often in disguise!) in the fallen human heart. Something may be said about each. - Dr. J. I. Packer

http://www.the-highway.com/Justification_Packer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment